(intro music) (Bowling Green, Ohio) (What type of auto insurance should I have in the state of Ohio?) Hi, this is Chuck Boyk. One of the most common questions I receive from
clients and friends is what type of auto insurance should I carry on my car in Ohio? Ohio law requires the minimum insurance is $25,000 per accident, $12,500 per person, and $7,500 in property damage. That is the bare minimum and that is clearly inadequate to cover your recovery under Ohio law. In order to protect yourself you basically have to look at the big picture and the big picture is that you need to protect you and your family from loosing all of your personal assets. So for reliability coverage purposes the answer to the question is you should carry as much insurance coverage as you could afford. We would suggest at bare minimum a $100,000 per person, $300,000 per accident but what I really recommend is most likely $500,000 per person and if you do have resources, if you have a financial worth with a house and a family and assets of over a couple of $100,000 we suggest that you buy an umbrella policy. An umbrella policy gives you an additional $1,000,000 in insurance coverage to protect you and your family. The extra cost may be $300 or $400 a year and we think that that’s crucial to protect your family from being the victim of loosing your personal assets out of an auto accident in the state of Ohio.