You just bought a car, and now you’re trying
to figure out how to register it. My name is James. I’m with The Resurgence Group. We’re
a full service insurance agency, and we specialize in auto insurance. What I would suggest is
speak with a local agent, or maybe an agent that you’ve had prior that could give you
the necessary information, and more importantly the policy deck page that it’s going to take
in order to register your vehicle and get that plate. In any state if you have a vehicle
and you go to the motor vehicle department the first thing they’re going to ask for is
your license and your registration, and your insurance card. So, if you don’t have an insurance
card you can’t get the plate. You won’t be able to drive. So again, just go to any local
insurance agent. They can write you a policy immediately. The least expensive policy in
order to qualify for that would be a PIP and PD, which is personal injury protection and
property damage. That is very, very inexpensive, and the only thing is you don’t have much
coverage, so if you’ve got a new vehicle with a loan on it, and it’s a high value vehicle
sometimes the lender is going to require that you have comp and collision. Bodily injury
is another thing. But again, if you’re just trying to register the vehicle just to get
through the motor vehicle department all you need is PIP and PD. My name is James, with
The Resurgence Group. We specialize in auto insurance. We try and help folks just get
what it is that they need that day so that they can get their car, and they can get out
on the road and start enjoying that car.